We decided we would go ahead with a c section because induction would be too much stress for Landon. I went over 41 weeks with Merrick and it appears at this time, I am not even close to being ready for delivery. Currently, the perinatologist predicts his weight to be about 3 lbs. 4 oz. (as of Monday), but this can be slightly off, so we are hoping for at least 4 pounds. It's amazing to me that he could be about 1/3 or even 1/2 the size of Merrick's size at birth. I thought Merrick felt so small at almost 9 lbs., so Landon is going to feel so itty bitty.
He will be taken to NICU as soon as he is delivered and will be kept there until he begins to show signs of feeding, gaining weight, and ability to breathe on his own. They will also be doing tons of testing on him to be sure there was nothing internally causing the growth restriction. After delivery, my placenta will also be immediately taken to be biopsied and we will hopefully have more information in about two weeks.
As always thank you so very much for your support and prayers!